Blood pressure 80/100
Is a blood pressure of 80/100 normal?
A blood pressure of 80/100 is considered to be normal. The existence of normal means that there are blood pressure that is found in the average with respect to what is considered normal.
How to measure the blood pressure?
In order to measure blood pressure levels, you should:
- Take your blood pressure after 5 minutes of rest.
- You should not have taken any stimulating substances (caffeine, tobacco...).
- It should be measured sitting with the sword resting on the back of the chair.
- It should be measured on the dominant arm, since blood pressure is higher.
- While taking the blood pressure to know if you have a level of 80/100, the patient should not speak so as not to affect the values marked.
Once the blood pressure is taken with a blood pressure monitor, two values will be observed, which must have the following values to be a 80/100:
- The systolic blood pressure, which is the value shown above, should be between 80 and 89 mm/Hg.
- The diastolic blood pressure, which is the value shown below, should be between 100 and 109 mm/Hg.
When determining the pressure, the tens figure is removed and measured without mentioning them. If the systolic is between 80 and 89 and the diastolic between 100 and 109 mm/Hg, the pressure is 80/100.
Blood pressure values
The following is the classification of blood pressure values proposed by the American Heart Association. The table shows the values ordered from most to least optimal levels:
|Category||Sistolic (mm Hg)||Diastolic (mm Hg)|
|Hypotension||< 120||and||< 80|
|Normal||120 - 129||and||80 - 84|
|Normal - High||130 - 139||or||85 - 89|
|Grade 1 hypertension||140 - 159||or||90 - 99|
|Grade 2 hypertension||160 - 179||or||100 - 109|
|Grade 3 hypertension||> = 180||or||> = 110|
Therefore, according to this classification, a value of 80/100 is considered optimal, since it has been shown that the lower the blood pressure, the better it is to prevent possible heart disease.
It is important to remember that this is an informative website whose purpose is to inform about the meaning of the different parameters that the human body may have. It is recommended to visit a health professional for an accurate diagnosis, since there may be variations between sexes or between physical states, such as pregnancy.